STUDENTS’ GRIEVANCE CELL
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student of college and judge its merit. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the cell in person or in consultation with the office bearers of the Students' Union. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the member/officer in-charge of Students' Grievance Cell.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CELL
This Cell has been created in the college to resolve issues related to student’s problems, develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the all stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in Institute. Following are the important objectives of CSGRC.
1. To develop an organizational framework to resolve Grievances of Students and other stakeholders.
2. To provide the students access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have their Grievances redressed.
3. To identify systemic flaws in the design and administration of various general insurance products and to seek solutions thereon.
4. Encouraging the students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
5. Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in the college in which the students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
POWERS OF THE CELL
1. In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
2. In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the Principal for final comment on the matter.
3. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance, he or she is given punishment. The nature of punishment includes verbal as well as written warning, information to the parents, and expelling from the college as per the rule of the University.
PURPOSE OF THE CELL
This cell functions with the following purposes:
1. To ensure a democratic environment in the campus.
2. To solve the various personal and educational related grievances of the teacher-trainee.
3. To acquaint all teacher-students about their rights and duties.
4. To make the institute student friendly.
PROCEDURE FOR LODGING COMPLAINT :
1. The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in complaint box. 2. The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases 3. The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
The following staff members are in the charge of this cell.
Chairperson : Dr. Runjun Phookun
Members : Dr. Murali Krishna Sarma
Dr. Bhababhuti Sarma
Dr. Prarthana Barua